Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Fabric on my mind.....

I can't work!  I keep thinking about all the lovely fabric at home in my craft room just waiting to become something new, a dress, a skirt, a grocery bag, a wallet, a portfolio, an apron, a lunch gab, a cosmetic bag....I could go on and on.

I've been trying to work today; I really have, but I've found myself heading to fabric sites instead.  I did order several gorgeous fabrics from fabric.com.  Head over if you can, as they have lovely cotton prints still available for $3.95.  Later I found myself wandering over to Hancock.com and found this beauty.


This would make a lovely skirt, don't you think, or a cute top or a fun bag.   I found myself trying to find a matching solid to make a complete outfit when I realized an hour had gone by and I hadn't done a thing at work and I was still consumed with getting out of the office to head home and sew and began to watch the clock, which when watched decides to move at the pace of a snail. 

Enough, I thought, enough stop torturing yourself, but no I continued and then did the most damage. I discovered Heather Ross' newest fabric line will be released this May.  May, I have to wait until May, NO, that will be forever, I can't believe it.  I am dying to get the Owl and the Pussycat material to make a bed for my cats, Sox & Ron.  All at once, my brain clicked and I realized its only three (counting today) days until May.  I think I can wait that long and until then I'll read Heather's latest creation again (I posted back in July 2009 about this darling book) which Heather autographed for me in person after demonstrating how to create the smocked dress in her book.  Yup you read right I met her and guess what she kept my pen. :)  I'd like to think its inspiring her to create new fabrics, who knows maybe the Owl and the Pussycat began from a drawing created with my very own pen. 
  

If you don't have this book, get it, and try out the trapeze dress which I'll attempt in muslin first of course and then I'll be using an Amy Butler fabric which I'll share soon.  Which reminds me I owe you a picture of my great big tote bag that I made from this book.....another to add to my to do list which I'm sure my sister will remind me to post the pic. 

Ah, just a couple more hours and I head home to my sewing machine....just a couple of hours......

No comments: