Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Here's what I did for my Memorial Day weekend fun.....

#1. I organized my fabric and realized even though I was running out of storage space I could never have enough fabric for everything I need to make. Note I used the word need to make not want to make. I know you understand reader. Aren't they pretty. The fabric with the apples is going to be for a lunch bag, similar to what my sister made and yeah I need to make one too. But I need to incorporate the vinyl in my bag, I spill stuff.


#2. Lawn technical terms..... according to Wikipedia a "Cord" is a unit of measure of dry volume used in Canada and the United States to measure firewood and pulpwood. One cord, also commonly called a full cord or bush cord, is defined as 128 cubic feet (3.62 m3), [1], corresponding to a woodpile 4 feet wide × 4 feet high × 8 feet long. I think I have a Cord and a half at my house now.



#3. Removing bushes and the like are so much more fun with my daddy's help. He used his machine and yanked out stumps and the roots from two old overgrown bushes, which we had previously cut down, and a weird bush that I ruthlessly hacked away from the front of my house. See, isn't it pretty now.

#3a. Hubby and I need to measure the front of our house before we decide to do additional pretty up work. We grossly underestimated the amount of mulch and flowers we would need. We bought about seven plants, I think we need about thirty for someone to notice we have flowers from the road. :)


#4. Just because you set the function for the ten second delay on the camera doesn't mean it isn't activated on the camera. You have to click another button, but once you figure it out (thanks Harvey!) its well worth setting up the camera and running back to get in the picture.

1 comment:

ThePhantomMoon said...

Awesome work on the inside and outside of your house, and fantastic picture! We look so cute :)