3 lbs of gray matter won't cooperate, that treacherous mind of mine continually worries over people, places and things it has no control over. Wondering and worrying what will become of the future, consistently moving and delving into its recesses discovering items I have yet to complete for work and home. In a nutshell it sucks!
God give me strength! I guess I should have realized that my 1 year blogiversary is fast approaching (yup 5/13/09) reader and I should remember the reasons for creating the blog....to get creative, to not stress out....and the method to accomplishing it, to pat myself on the back for the things I have done successfully, to keep going and to try and balance work and life successfully.
I need to celebrate the joys of life more often so that maybe my mind will be entertained and not insist on focusing on the potential failures. Let's recap this year...here in no particular order I have learned to....
- successfully use a sewing machine and its basic functions and some of the cool sewing trims without any bodily harm to myself
- to wind a bobbin and thread the sewing machine
- to match fabric colors using the little numbers on the selvage (for the ones that have prints)
- to make bags (big bags, little bags, wristlets, and totes)
- that a project doesn't have to be perfect, it can have slight imperfections because its homemade
- that a recipient doesn't need to fall in love with a gift I've made them even though I have loved making it; its okay if they just like it.... :)
- to ask for help
- do overs are fun
- putting interfacing on fabric should be done to the outer layer :) and its makes a project look polished
- make a list of the things you need
- your list can always be adjusted
- work needs to stop at a certain point, no later than 7 pm (I'm getting better at this)
- minimal work on the weekends
- cooking from scratch is fun and if hubby cooks its okay, it doesn't make me a bad wife, besides he can cook really well
- I don't need to be in the middle of the bed, sharing with hubby and kitty is okay
- relish my house, my island
- whenever you make something, craft, work assignment, always put your best foot forward and be proud of it
- spend quality time with hubby, family and friends
- remember to take more pictures