Thursday, May 21, 2009

My dolly, Little Red & Sister!

First of all, I'm doing better; ever so much so since I have begun crafting again, taking lunches, walking and making time for family and friends and not just working full-time all the time. One of the things that usually makes me happy is checking out my sister's blog each day, www.thephantommoon.typepad.com just to see what's she's been up to. Even though I see her at least once during the week and try to see her and her family on the weekends it never seems as it is enough so I stalk her online. :)

Well today I received a very lovely surprise when I saw a picture of my dolly and Little Red, my newest craft gift from Sister, on my mantel next to my wedding picture (by the way, I asked my dear sis if I could post her picture to my blog and received a resounding Yes.)


I look at this picture and just want to get home and sit in front of my fireplace (no fire, its too hot outside) and finish my latest sewing project, a 2-year in the making octopus. Sister and I are the two girls that squished together. Even at her wedding I took pictures where I'm practically in her veil, but we looked cute.

I love this picture. I named my doll, Jane. I'll be honest, I coveted all of the dolls as soon as Sister made them and kept checking her website and etsy shop so I could have the first pick. I laid in wait and then pounced on my keyboard, like my cat taught me, and purchased Jane. Isn't she just lovely. Doesn't she look like Jane, Jane that is from Pride and Prejudice.

Now I need to convince my sister to make Mr. Bingley and I'll be set, that is until she makes me Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy.

You better get busy, Sister. :)

1 comment:

ThePhantomMoon said...

Darling, I'm so glad that you are enjoying Jane and Little Red :) Don't worry, I have a good idea how I'll craft Bingley in the near future ....