Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Fun!

Christmas was lovely! 

This year was the first year we were able to do almost everything we wanted!  Mi esposo and I were able to visit his family and spend time with alomost everyone on Christmas Eve.  Almost the entire clan gathered at my in-laws where the kids grouped themselves together around the Christmas tree and opened up their presents.  I love watching their faces when they open up their gifts and see the surprised look on their facees.  Luckily we were treated to the "How Awesome Is This" surprise face instead of the "What is this" look.  Christmas Day was spent at my parents' home with everyone on my side.  We all gathered together and watched movies, ate lots of candy and cookies and had a blast.  Another point for mi esposo and I, the kids yet again enjoyed all of their gifts. 

For the adults, we decied to do something a bit different this year.  Instead of purchaisng gifts for everyone or particpating in a Pollyana, we decided that this would be the year of delicious treats for everyone.  Mi esposo made his famous banana chocolate chip bread in individual loaf sizes, while I made several batches of my reverse chocolate chip cookies with dark chocolate cocoa.  We created platters for each family and viola, instant sugar goodness.  My SIL and her family made a beautiful tray filled with all kinds of homemade goodies with honorable mention to the cupcakes which were especially tasty.  Sister, dear sister, decided against ruining another one of mommy's pans making her famous peppermint bark (apparently you can use too much force to break up the bark) was enough so she bought us all chocolate covered pretzels from Lores which were divine. 

I'm finding that Christmas has taken on a new meaning for me.  Of course Christmas is foremost the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ, but it also a celebration of family.  I'm so grateful that I was able to celebrate with all of my family this year and I hope to continue to do so in the many years to come.

1 comment:

The Phantom Moon said...

I agree, Christmas was lovely and magical :)

I'm glad you liked your treats! I loved yours as always and single handedly ate all of the reverse chip cookies that were intended for the C. family :)