Friday, November 27, 2009

My plea was answered

I forgot to tell you.  My birthday plea, yes almost two months ago, was answered by my sister and I was able to discover the secret of the Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo.

Edward is a beautiful, sorry Edward, a handsome china rabbit often who is often dressed in the finest satin suits and partakes in meals with his family at the dinner table.  He is loved by Abilene, his owner, but you see Edward doesn't really love everyone. 

Edward is quite content to be admired and loved for the exceptional china rabbit that he is, until one day he is separated from Abilene, the child who has adored him and finds himself in horrible situations, one after the other.  Along the way he encounters many people who fall in love with Edward and Edward in turn learns to love them in return, until finally on his journey he......whoops I almost gave away the story.  If you want to find out what happens I suggest you pick up Edward's story and add it to your collection. 

Edward's story was a pleasure to read and the artwork by Ibatoulline were simply beautiful.  I can't wait to read Edward's story again and again and share it with my nieces and nephews. 

Thank you again my dear for my wonderful birthday present.  I absolutely loved it! 

1 comment:

The Phantom Moon said...

My darling, I am so happy that you enjoyed the book! I always love to see you engrossed in a good book and then tell me (after I beg sometimes) what happens in the end. Happy Birthday, love.