Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Out of the office

On Monday, 11/3 I finally took a day off from work. I like work. It pays the bills but sometimes as they say absence makes the heart fonder. With that in mind, I requested the day off, advised my Boss twice I was going to be out and then I was out.


I got up early, because if I slept the day away how was I going to get everything accomplished. I signed onto the on-line system for work, printed a document and answered a couple of emails and I was on a roll! Hubby went to work and then here I was alone at home. All by myself and what to do. First thing, I ate. I'm always hungry in the morning besides breakfast is the most important meal of the day. So I ate and then I decided I'd watch a movie, Mean Girls, with Lindsay Lohan. Its been staring at me from Netflix so I had to get it. So I settled down to watch a teen flick, eat till I was stuffed and relax instead of being at work answering the phone that doesn't stop ringing the emails that keep piling in and the in-box that seems to get bigger each day.

I forgot to mention I made myself a cup of General Foods International Coffee, the hazelnut brand. Hubby usually makes me this "coffee" in the morning but when I made it, it just wasn't as good. I called hubby on the phone at work, poor baby he had to go in and asked him "what gives?" I read the directions so what's up it doesn't taste as good as it usually does? Hubby kindly told me that he uses more spoonfuls of the mix, adds a spoonful of sugar, a healthy dollop of whipped cream and drizzles caramel on the top. Yeah I like his better.


So back to my movie, it wasn't bad. I actually did enjoy it but I doubt I could watch it again. It had its moments but most importantly I didn't think about work so it did its job. I caught up on my laundry, dusted and swept a bit. Did the dishes and plucked some chicken from the freezer to defrost for dinner. Then I had a distraction that derailed my day. Here it is...Dum, Da, Dum Dum.....

BB came over with my mom and totally wrecked my living room with tortilla chips all over it. We went for a walk just down the block a bit and BB kicked her way through ankle deep leaves. I forgot she was so short. She stayed for a while and then headed down with my mom to pick up her mom from work.


It was a welcome distraction and although I didn't get everything I had set out to accomplish at least I wasn't at work!


Now all I had to do was break out the vacuum cleaning and pick up all her tortilla chip mess. She's just like her mother......

1 comment:

Jenny Citino said...

Oh no you didn't! I bet Mom made that mess and my poor BB is getting the bad wrap ...